Global Market Access (GMA) is the process of determining applicable regulations and managing product compliance to those regulations with respect to accessing global markets.
Why is GMA important for your business?
Bringing electrical and electronic products to market in different countries is complicated. Non-compliant products must be redesigned or reengineered, resulting in delays and loss of revenue. Customs officials may impound or deny access to non-compliant products, exposing manufacturers to potential legal consequences.
We act as your international regulatory approvals department. Our experts provide guidance on the compliance requirements and approval strategy for each country. We also perform product testing to the correct test standards as required, in some cases provide access to local representation for clients with no presence in the respective countries, prepare applications on your behalf, perform a post-submission follow-up with the authorities/ certification bodies, conduct training for your staff on technical standards used for implementation of regulations, and update you on the latest regulatory changes.
TÜV SÜD’s GMA SERVICES AT A GLANCE
- Identify regulations and standards that are applicable in the target countries.
- Test the product to the applicable technical standards and national deviations.
- Advise if a factory inspection is needed.
- Analyse the national standards for factory inspection if an inspection is needed.
- Arrange and conduct the factory inspection.
- Provide guidance on the completion of application documents and preparation of samples, if needed.
- Submit the application to the authority/certification body and follow up accordingly.
- Provide professional support in solving technical problems that are raised by the authority/certification body.
- Apply for approval to support import of goods, if applicable.
- Advise clients on the Approval Programme to support the ongoing maintenance of certificates as well as market surveillance requirements.
- Arrange for testing, inspection or certification renewals as needed to comply with changing regulations.
- Provide professional support to solve any technical problems that are raised by the authority/certification body.
As a globally renowned solutions provider, TÜV SÜD has strong working relationships with regulators and national certification bodies in key markets. We are designated as a Conformity Assessment Body through Mutual Recognition Agreements (MRA) with various regulators across the globe for issuing test reports/Certificate of Approval for products sold to the countries of MRA partners. We act as a Notified Body for various European Directives and are authorised by OSHA as a Nationally Recognized testing Laboratory (NRTL) in America. We participate actively in the international Conformity Assessment arena, such as the IECEE CB Scheme, where we are among the top issuers of certificates for the product categories. Our GMA service is accessible to you worldwide through our team of dedicated GMA managers who are able to work and converse in your language.