As the standard of living increases and the concept of consumerism changes, consumers increase their usage of cosmetics and personal care products and are more concerned with these products. Therefore, the effectiveness and safety of the products are vital to consumers. TÜV SÜD provides a one-stop service to ensure the quality of these products throughout the entire production process. Problems are indentified at an early stage to avoid project delays, quality issues and product recalls so as to build up customer’s confidence and enhance their brand reputation while promoting the brand value.
EU: Cosmetic Regulation (EC)1223/2009
USA: FDA 21 CFR
Canada: Canadian Cosmetic Regulation(C.R.C.,c.869)
Australia: Trade Practices(Consumer Product Information Standards) (Cosmetics)Regulations 1991
ASEAN: ASEAN Cosmetic Directive
China: Hygienic Standard for Cosmetics
Scope of Products
- Make-up Products: Lip gloss, Mascara, etc.
- Skin care: cream, lotion, etc.
- Body wash: bath lotion, soap, etc.
- Hair Care: Shampoo, Colorant, etc.
- Fragrances: Body spray, Fragrance, etc.
- Oral Care: Toothpaste, Mouthwash, etc.
- Functional Products: Depilatory, Sunscreen, etc.
- Detergents: Dish-washing liquid, Laundry powder, etc.
- Disposable hygiene product: wipes, paper diaper, etc.
- Microbiological Test: USP 61&62, USP 51, EP, BP, CP
- Heavy Metal Test: Pb, Hg, Cd, Sb, Cr, As, etc.
- Active Ingredients: Anti-dandruff agent, Sun-screening agent, Deodorant, etc.
- Restricted Substances: Corrosion remover, Coloring agent, etc.
- Prohibited Substances: Dioxane, Benzopyrene, Nitrosamine, Hormone, etc.
- Stability Test: Accelerated aging condition
- Raw Materials Test
- Toxicological Risk Assessment: Acute Oral Toxicity Test, Acute inhalation Toxicity Test, Acute Dermal Toxicity Test, Dermal Irritation/Corrosion Test
- Water Quality Test: GB/T 5749, CP, USP, etc.
- Documentation Review: MSDS, PIF, CPSR, TRA
- Packaging Test: 94/62/EEC
- Challenge Test: EP 5.1.3, USP General Chapter 51, BP Appendix XVI C,ISO 11930