TÜV SÜD functional safety service - Rail traffic signal control field
High-speed railway and rail transportation play an increasingly important role in our daily life. As rail transport automation signal control system plays a decisive role to ensure traffic safety, improve operational efficiency and reduce operating costs, a complete security evaluation and certification system for rail traffic signal system is required to achieve normalization, standardization and internationalization of signal system and to improve transport safety. In systematic developing processes involving planning, design, manufacturing and operation, potential risk factors can be found to guarantee the safety of travelers and rail equipment through functional safety certification or independent third-party safety assessment (ISA), which are represented by the standard series of IEC 61508 and EN 5012X.
Rail traffic control equipment is needed to meet the functional safety requirements:
In the field of rail transport automatic control, functional safety certification applies to any equipment used to control security, such as:
- Computer Interlock System;
- Automatic train operation (ATO), automatic train protection (ATP) and automatic train supervision (ATS);
- Train detection devices, automatic axle counting systems;
- Signal control system and its safety components;
- Emergency Power Management System of Rail Traffic Control System (EPS);
- Security door system in subway platform;
- Other security automation control and passenger safety management system.
TÜV SÜD functional safety services scope:
- Functional safety technical services
- Third-party independent testing and assessment (ISA) of railway and rail traffic control system;
- R.A.M.S services;
- Conceptual design of control system architecture, system implementation and testing;
- Functional Safety Assessment (based on EN5012X standard series and IEC61508 standard);
- System design technology document review;
- SIL4 functional safety certification services for railway and rail traffic signal control system;
- Evaluation, testing and certification for rail traffic signal control system;
- FMEA, FTA assessment and verification services;
- Architecture design, systematic implementation and functional testing for signal control backup power system.
Product functional safety certification:
TÜV SÜD functional safety certification provides comprehensive security to ensure that product design meets the requirements of safety integrity or performance level in such standards as IEC61508 and EN 5012X, through various systematic measures including functional safety management system audit, hardware assessment, software evaluation and EMC testing.
Functional Safety Management (FSM) system services:
IEC 61508 standard notes that in the development life cycle of functional safety products, it is necessary to develop a complete functional safety management file Method and its corresponding assessment validation management method to ensure scientificity, controllability and traceability of product development. It is easier to obtain end-user acceptance for manufacturers with a perfect FSM management system. TÜV SÜD can provide comprehensive functional safety management system (FSM) services, such as consulting, validation, and certification.
Functional safety technical training:
- TÜV SÜD functional safety experts
- TÜV SÜD functional safety engineers
- Functional safety training with customizable themes designed for customer demand
Why choose TÜV SÜD?
- TÜV SÜD Playing an important role in the development and revision of functional safety international standards.
- Having a number of experienced technical experts and a strong local technical support team in the global functional safety technology field
- Successfully assisting a large number of equipment suppliers to succeed in the global functional safety technology field
- TÜV SÜD has provided functional safety consulting, training, auditing, testing and certification services for global well-known hardware manufacturers, software developers, design agencies, system integrators and end users.