Be certain your connections cover the world
TÜV SÜD can provide you with market entry standard compliance for the EU, USA, Canada, Japan and New Zealand. We have over 25 years experience in telecommunication and radio equipment compliance. From short-range mobile devices to long-range infrastructure equipment, our experts can certify any of your products.
Your product certification partner for
European R&TTE Directive
CE marking under the European R&TTE Directive – as a Notified Body under the R&TTE Directive, TUV SUD BABT can provide the following EU Notified Body services to assist you in CE marking your products and demonstrating compliance with the R&TTE Directive:
- R&TTE Annex III (Identification of essential test suites) – we identify those radio test suites that are considered to be essential for demonstrating compliance.
- R&TTE Annex IV (Notified Body opinion) – we assess your product’s technical construction file and give you our opinion on whether it demonstrates compliance with the essential requirements of the Directive.
- R&TTE Annex V (Full Quality Assurance approval) – we assess your quality system for design, manufacture and final product inspection and testing, and grant an approval if your system ensures that your products will be compliant with the requirements of the Directive.
Federal Communications Commission (FCC)
Manufacturers and suppliers of radio and telecoms equipment wishing to gain access to the US market must obtain the necessary grant from the FCC.As a Telecommunications Certification Body (TCB) appointed under the EU-USA Mutual Recognition Arrangement (MRA), TÜV SÜD BABT is authorised by the FCC to issue grants for a wide range of equipment within the following categories:
- CFR 47 Parts 15 – Unlicensed Radio Frequency Devices
- CFR 47 Parts 22 – Public Mobile Services
- CFR 47 Parts 24 – Personal Communication Service
- CFR 47 Parts 27 – Miscellaneous Wireless Communication Devices
- CFR 47 Parts 80 – Maritime Service
- CFR 47 Parts 87 – Aviation Services
- CFR 47 Parts 90 – Private Land Mobile Radio Service
- OET 65C – SAR
- ANSI C63.19 – HAC testing
Industry Canada Type Approval
Manufacturers and suppliers of radio equipment wishing to place their products on the Canadian market must obtain the necessary approval from Industry Canada. As a Foreign Certification Body (FCB) appointed under the EU – Canada Mutual Recognition Arrangement (MRA), TÜV SÜD BABT can issue Industry Canada Type Acceptance Certificates for the categories of equipment shown below. This avoids the delays that can occur for applications made directly to Industry Canada.
- Cellular Mobile and Base Stations
- PCS Mobile and Base Stations
- Land Mobile Transmitters and Receivers
- Maritime, Land and Coast, Coast-to-Ship Transmitters
- Locator Beacons
- Aeronautical Equipment
- Spread Spectrum Devices
- Bluetooth and WiFi Devices
- RFID Devices
- Cordless Telephones
- Low Power Devices
Certification Body (CB) Scheme
By opting for a CB Certificate issued by TÜV SÜD, you avoid the long and costly process of obtaining individual national approvals for almost every export country. After the testing of your product has been completed successfully, we provide you with a CB Test Report and CB Certificate. This product “passport” enables you to apply to any CB Scheme member worldwide to receive their national certification marks.
The CB scheme is based around the use of International standards such as:
- IEC 60950-1 Safety of Information Technology Equipment
- IEC 60065 Safety of Audio, Video, and Similar Equipment
- IEC 60335-1; -2-x Safety of Household and Similar Equipment
- IEC 61010-1 Safety of Laboratory, Control and Measurement
- IEC 60601 Medical Electical Equipment
- CISPR 22; CISPR 24 EMC requirements of Information Technology Equipment
Nationally Recognised Testing Laboratories (NRTL)
NRTLs are third-party organisations recognised by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) under Federal Code 29 CFR 1910.7 to provide product safety testing and certification services for products used in the US workplace. In Canada, the Standards Council of Canada (SCC) mandates that an SCC-accredited Certification Body perform such services. TÜV SÜD is appointed to certify products for both the US and Canada.
There are four steps that lead to the issue of an NRTL:
- Product testing
- Report & sample reviewed by Technical Certifier
- Certificate issuance
- Ongoing factory surveillance visits
A TÜV SÜD NRTL Certification makes it easier to sell products and convince customers and enforcement authorities that you satisfy their minimum safety requirements.
Marine Equipment Certification
TÜV SÜD's Certification Body, TÜV SÜD BABT is a Notified Body under the Marine Equipment Directive 96/98/EC (MED) regulated by the UK’s Maritime and Coastguard Agency. The appointment is effective from April 2010.TÜV SÜD BABT is a Notified Body for carrying out conformity assessment procedures for Modules B, D, E, F and G under the Marine Equipment Directive. The scope of appointment covers Annex A.1/4 (Navigation Equipment) and A.1/5 (Radio-Communication Equipment).
The Marine Equipment Directive is only applicable to certain types of marine vessels, which covers equipment used on ships registered under the flags of the EU member states. For non-SOLAS vessels, it is not necessary to gain MED approval, but it is, however necessary to gain CE Marking for products by achieving compliance to the following EU Directives (as applicable):
- Radio and Telecommunications Terminal Equipment Directive (R&TTE)
- EMC Directive
As well as European Directive compliance, TÜV SÜD BABT can provide the following certification services for the USA and Canada:
- FCC Certification
- US Coast Guard Approval
- Industry Canada Type Approval
- US Coast Guard Approval
- Industry Canada Type Approval
Manufacturers can go through the TÜV SÜD offices in Greater China to apply the certification from TÜV SÜD BABT.
Equipment approved under the Marine Equipment Directive must be affixed with a ‘Wheel Mark’ followed by the Notified Body Identification Number and the year the product was approved.