Through its strategic collaboration, CNTAC and ZDHC work together through on the "Chemicals Stewardship Roadmap 2020" which promotes proactive and impactful chemical management in the value chain. With a focus on the value chain of the Chinese textile industry, the objectives of our collaboration are to continuously improve the chemical and environmental management capacity in the value chain; and drive the industry wide transformation to a greener industry, green manufacturing and sustainable development at key textile industrial parks.
In 2017, and based on the achievements and learnings from the “Early Champion” Pilot the Social Responsibility Office of CNTAC and ZDHC are jointly launching the “Chemicals Stewardship Roadmap 2020“ Implementation Workshops. Workshops will be held regions where the textile industry has a strong presence. Including amongst others the Provinces of Zhejiang; Jiangsu; Fujian; Guangdong; and Shandong. The objective of the workshops is to leverage the experiences and achievements from the Early Champion pilot, to scale implementation practices. Enterprises capacity for managing chemicals and their effort to become greener by upgrading chemicals management practices is actively supported. Finally, participating enterprises are proactively helped to understand and meet the requirements of their downstream customer as well as international brands.
The Workshop mainly focus on:
• Policies, laws, regulations, practices progress related to chemical management
• Purchasing policies and requirements for value chain chemical management of major textile brands
• Chemical management system and chemical management “Top 10” issues, solutions and best practices.
• Introduction of the ZDHC MRSL and ZDHC Wastewater Guidelines
• Introduction of industrial tools and applications, such as ZDHC Gateway (Chemical Module and
Wastewater Module) and CNTAC-CiE
• Experience and achievements obtained from the "Chemicals Stewardship Roadmap 2020" Early Champion pilot.
Foundational Level Workshops are suitable for and targeted to those who haven’t attended ZDHC or ZDHC
Signatory Brand organized workshops, and are not familiar with ZDHC standards and tools.
• To improve the enterprise's chemical management capacity particularly the capability of ensuring compliance with product/environment laws and regulations;
• To make necessary preparations to be qualified supplier to international textile brands;
• To achieve the transformation from processing enterprise to strategic supplier of global brands.
Date: Friday, 18 August,2017
(Sign in: 8:30-9:00）
Venue: Lanhua ballroom, 3F, Jinjian Grand Honor Hotel（Add: No.1048 Center Ave., Near Shuanrong RD.）
Ms. Claire Chen