Relevant for: Electrical & electronics
On 14th May, TÜV SÜD South Asia Private Limited (EnE lab) was confirmed by BIS to extend the scope of IS 616:2017 – Audio, Video and similar electronic apparatus – safety requirements.
The concurrent running of IS 616:2010 is permitted till June 2018 and shall be cancelled from 28th June 2018. All the tested standards as per IS 616:2010 will have to comply to IS 616:2017 till then and the new testing shall be tested as per IS 616:2017.
Below are the products regulated in the BIS CRS scheme to comply with IS 616:2017：
- Electronic Games (Video)
- plasma/LCD/LED televisions of screen size 32 inch and above
- optical disc players with built in amplifiers of input power of 200W and above
- Amplifiers with input power 200W and above
- Electronic musical instruments with input power 200W and above
- Power adaptors for audio video & similar electronic apparatus
- Plasma/LCD/LED Television of screen size up to 32"
Please contact nearest TÜV SÜD office for more details.