Relevant for: Electrical & electronics
ANATEL, Brazil's telecommunications regulatory authority, approved Resolution No. 662 on 8 March 2016, which amends Annex III and Art. 39 of ANATEL Resolution No. 242 of 30 November 2000. The main changes include:
- Expanding the format of the homologation number to five numbers each. The format of the homologation number is HHHHH -AA- FFFFF. Note: The field for the year remains the same.
- HHHHH: identifies the approval of the product by sequential numbering with 5 characters;
- AA: Identifies the year of issue of the approval with 2 numeric characters; and,
- FFFFF: identifies the manufacturer of the product with 5 numeric characters.
- EAN number and the bar code are no longer required.
Please contact your nearest TÜV SÜD office for further details.