Relevant for: Electrical & electronics
In January 2018, the Saudi Standards, Metrology and Quality Organization (SASO) approved the update of Standards on Energy Labelling and Minimum Energy Performance Requirements for below products:
1. Small Air Conditioners: (SASO 2663:2018 – Enforcement date: 16/08/2018)
2. Refrigerators and freezers: (SASO 2892:2018 – Enforcement date: 16/08/2018)
3. Washing Machines: (SASO 2885:2018 – Enforcement date: 16/08/2018)
4. Clothes dryers: (SASO 2883:2017 – Enforcement date: 05/07/2018)
5. Water heaters: (SASO 2884:2017 – Enforcement date: 05/07/2018)
In March 2018, SASO published a press release to clarify the timeline of each standards implementation date:
- the mandatory implementation date of these standards is 1 October 2018 for domestic manufacturers and for new products entering Saudi Arabian market
- The market control for products covered by those standards will apply on 1 September 2019
Please pay attention that the enforcement date of each standard is not changed as before. And old standards can be used till 1st Oct 2018 to the new imported products. The registration of new energy efficiency standards starts from this July. Please feel free to contact us to proceed energy labelling update. We can provide one-stop solution for Saudi Arabia market access.
More detailed information is available on the official site here.