Relevant for: Softlines
On 9 December 2014, the American Apparel & Footwear Association (AAFA) published its 15th edition of the Restricted Substances List (RSL), covering apparel, footwear, travel goods, home textiles, and other fashion accessories.
The RSL includes only those materials, chemicals and substances that are restricted or banned in the final products and it does not include restricted substances used in production processes or in the factory. Major changes of this edition of the RSL include:
Metals (Restrictions for Plastic and Film)
- Added the restriction limit of Chromium hexavalent (Cr6+) (10ppm) for children’s productsin Taiwan;
- Removed Lindane (CAS no. 58-89-9);
- Added 1,2-Benzenedicarboxylic acid, dihexyl ester, branched and linear (DIHP) (CAS no. 68515-50-4);
Appendix 1 Reporting:
- Added 4 SVHCs which were included in the REACH Candidate list in June 2014;
- Added the limit value for tris(1,3-dichloro-2-propyl)phosphate (TDCPP) (50ppm) for Washington Children's Safe Product Act.