The Global Sales Manager will take lead in profitably growing and maintaining of new and existing client relationships (retailers & importers) through professional services by managing all aspects ofthe testing, inspection, auditing and consulting services provided to the clients.
Main target is to grow as well new clients and develop new key accounts. Focus will be to grow business in GreaterChina and Asean and cooperate and to the keep a close cooperation and adjustment with theheadquarter in Germany and the Key Account Management in Greater China and Asean.
Focus will be as well to find and develop new sourcing offices in Hong Kong/China/Asean.
1. Profitably growth and maintain existing client relationships (retailers, & importers) through professional services by selling all aspects of the testing, inspection, auditing and consulting services provided to the clients. Services are coming from our global labs worldwide.
2. Finding new clients (Retailer, importer, sourcing offices) and develop them as Key Accounts.
3. Overall responsibility for growth and business development in the countries for the retail clients.
4. Provide technical expertise to clients in areas of global compliance, industry standards, and client specifications through technical opinions, interpretations and recommendations. This should be done together will the global labs and the technical governance department.
5. As an ongoing process, work with client to define / revise their compliance, safety and quality testing approaches; finalize customized testing programs including pricing. This should be done in harmonization with the KAM’s in the headquarter and the KAM in the countries.
6. Serve as liaison between the client and global locations of TüV SüD Consumer Products business area for operational, technical, sales & marketing, accounting purpose.
7. Serve as primary contact for assigned clients and maintain a successful client relationship.
8. Develop an understanding of client’s needs and expectations and assist in matching them to TüV SüD capabilities, and internal Quality Assurance technical resources.
9. Liaise, as necessary, with regulatory/industry/professional bodies to provide solutions and expertise in areas of global compliance, industry standards, and client specifications.
10. Handle customer claims and complaints.
11. Develop strong business relationships with quality personnel /decision maker of key clients.
12. Establishment of execution plans for each customer that can be used as basis for long-term, mid-term and short-term sales and operations planning.
1. Possess at least a bachelor degree specializing in sales or technical field like machinery/electrical or similar.
2. At least 5 years account or Key account management experience in testing or retail area.
3. Strong working knowledge of Hardlines/Electronics/Softlines/Toys in terms of quality and applicable test standards/regulations or product development or product sourcing.
4. Strong sales skills and experience with Key Account management.
5. Able to interpret technical information and transmit to the global subsidiaries.
6. Understands scheduling, planning and the product development cycle.
7. Strong analytical, problem solving, attention to detail and process improvement skills.
8. Must possess strong work ethic and excellent client service skills to ensure effective, responsive client interaction (internal and external).
9. Able to work well under pressure to handle crisis situations and balance several tasks simultaneously.
10. Performs with sense of urgency and sensitivity to deadlines.
11. Able to prioritize, delegate tasks to appropriate staff and perform required follow up.
12. Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
13. Proficiency in Microsoft applications / CRM experience would be helpful.
14. Must be confident, highly efficient, and self-motivated.
15. Must be personable and work well independently, as well as in a team environment.
16. Strong appreciation of different cultures.
17. Good command over English.